Thursday, July 3, 2008

Couture 'NO-NO's'


I've been really looking forward to this fall's design collections. I've been playing close attention, specifically to my favorite designer's, Christian Dior, Lanvin, Donna Karen, Marc Jacob, Alexander McQueen...to name a few. Many designers has already displayed their intentions for this fall's fashion trends, including it's couture fashions, by presenting prestigious runway/fashion shows.

I've seen a quite a few of the latest couture shows, and I must say that I've been well pleased, but all has not pleased me. Designs that is. For the most part, all of the designer's have designs that are great in their own right, but every now and then or more often than not, we viewers see a model prance down the runway, struting her best runway walk in something that looks like it came straight from the cartoon 'Jimmy Neutron' itself... No really! This is a horrible shame...It disgraces all that great fashion has to offer and if a designer is not careful, meaning, but putting items that don't make the cut, it really hurts their runway pres.

Dior for example, lovely, one of my fav designers in everything genre, including couture, for men and women. It's line been around a while and has clout in the design game, but see the pic attached. OOOh NO! Yes, it's from Dior's fall 08 line. Now, I'm just giving my opinion on this piece. I know that some of you out there beg to differ with my opinion, but I do also know that many of you out there definately agree with me. It's down right, truth be told, UGLY(if I'm allowed to quote this). I love mostly everything that Dior makes, but this piece, along with quite a few more of his Fall 08 pieces is NO-NO!

It's see through, which is not that bad if implemented correctly(my opinion) and look at the accessory.. the hat--no-no-no! It's couture and all of us can't wear couture, but I think none of us would wear this couture piece at all.

Let me know what you think!

No comments: